Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Latest News on the Home Front

Tonight was one of those sweet family times around the table and on the floor playing with Luke and talking with Amanda. It was one of those times when you feel like eternity is passing through your hands like dry sand, and you just want to preserve in fullness your memory and feelings right then. We have needed some good family time together.


Our Luke, who turned one year on December 31, is being tested for celiac disease. He will have an endoscopy on Tuesday to make a final determination, but two of six blood tests for the antibody against gluten came back positive. If he has the chronic illness, it will affect his whole life.

I had an MRI on my right hip this past Tuesday which has given me trouble since I fell in the tire room at work in November. Last Saturday I sprained my left ankle pretty bad and had to take three different prescription pain relievers just to keep the pain at bay. It was so bad that I had to call the deacon chairman Sunday and tell him I could not preach. We spent Sunday morning at the emergency room of Franklin Regional Hospital. They seemed to understand, but maybe more so when I hobbled in on crutches on Wednesday night to teach Matthew 6. I remain interim pastor there.

Today was my first day back at work at Just Tires, and it was tiring with crutches, even though everyone was really kind about it. I was out of work Monday and off Tuesday and Wednesday. It is hard making ends meet when you don't get paid when you don't work, so even though I should have stayed home, I worked eight hours today and will try for twelve tomorrow.

Amanda is the consummate mother, wife, and joy. Her smile and encouragement takes away the pain of the heart and the body. I love her more every day.

Got grades today for fall semester. All A's! Thank the Lord, I thought I'd die before this semester was over! I took Old Testament I, New Testament I, and Greek Syntax & Exegesis. Next semester I'm scheduled to take OT II, NT II, and Intro to Greek Textual Criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment