Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Just Tires -- Just Insurance

When I was laid off at Just Tires, my supervisor assured us twice that our health insurance would continue for 90 days. Last Friday we received COBRA paperwork, which spooked me, and I started looking into the issue. I was aghast at hearing that our insurance was terminated Feb 17, 2006! After about 2-3 hours on the phone (most of it on hold) with Goodyear HR, Goodyear HR Benefits, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, my former supervisor and district manager, it was determined that someone (who knows who?) coded my lay off as a termination, ending my health coverage that day. The district manager promised to get it corrected right away after trying to push responsibility off on the church. My former supervisor is the store manager whom I never really worked for because he came in and laid off four of us as his first order of business. He went to bat for me on two three-way calls with Goodyear HR which is notorious for long hold times and belligerent service. We hope we got this issue corrected.

No comments:

Post a Comment