Friday, April 28, 2006

Welcome to North Carolina!

Wow, what a week! Never went to bed Monday night because I had a New Testament textual criticism paper due on Tuesday which I had to defend in class. I'd been working on it hard for about two weeks, but the writing was unusually laborious and tedious. Something told me not to skip my 7:30am Old Testament class even though I could have slept for a few hours, and when I arrived, we were having our second of three exams! I did my best even though I'd been up all night and had not studied for it. Thank goodness I listened to that little voice.

At 11:30am Tuesday, I was the first of our class to defend our papers, and no one really knew what to expect. This paper and presentation was the only grade for the whole course, so everyone has been nervous about it. I gave a presentation the best I knew how, and it seemed to be received well. The professor, Dr. Black, gave me a 96 on the paper, praise the Lord and pass the butter beans!

In Wake Forest on Wednesday morning I was had the Explorer's tires rotated and headed across the parking lot for a haircut. That what when I encountered the car tag below. I asked the lady loading groceries if I could take the picture. She laughed and said yes. All I can say is, "Welcome to North Carolina!"


No comments:

Post a Comment