- why I use notes when I preach,
- why I mention the word meanings in their original languages,
- why I take time to set a passage in its context,
- why I set the scene culturally and historically,
- why I teach systematically through a book,
- why I rarely preach topically but rather expositionally from whole passages of Scripture,
- why I keep overviewing whole Bible books,
- in short, why I preach longer than fifteen minutes every Sunday (yeah, I know, a whole lot longer!) here's a nice explanation by Danny Akin of Southeastern Seminary that says it for me.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Why do you preach so long?
For those of you who wonder