Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Elvis supposedly dead 30 years

Today is the 30th anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley.

I've already written about where I was when we heard Elvis had died.

Don't tell anyone, but my mom is staked out in the Ingles parking lot in Clinton all day today with the age progression picture I put up this week looking to see if he leaves the building. She is suspicious he's masquerading as a chemistry professor at PC.

It seems appropriate that we remember not only The King but his music as well, including Jailhouse Rock, Love Me Tender, In The Ghetto, Unchained Melody, Always on My Mind, Burning Love, Suspicious Minds, Return to Sender, Blue Christmas, Heartbreak Hotel, It's Now Or Never, Hound Dog, My Way, Don't Be Cruel, Way Down, Are You Lonesome Tonight, Amazing Grace, You've Lost That Loving Feeling, Promised Land, Viva Las Vegas and many more.

Here's the lyrics if you want to sing along to any of those.

Not a fan of his music? Fair enough. Why not go make yourself a grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich? Just don't eat 12 to 15 of them in one sitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment