Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Swindoll's advice to younger preachers


I want them to say, "I want to get serious about being a Bible preacher. I'm not going to fool around with a lot of entertaining stuff. I'm going to take people to the Word, and I'm going to keep it interesting. I'm going to go through the books of the Bible and subjects that are significant, and I'm going to pour myself into this as a regular habit of my life. I want to be known in 20 years as an expositor. I want to be able to take the Scriptures and help people see how relevant they are. I'm going to start with Romans verse 1 of chapter 1, and when I finish chapter 16, people are going to say, 'Oh my goodness, what have I missed half my life?'"
                          ----- Charles Swindoll when asked what advice he would give to younger preachers.
Full CT article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment