Friday, August 13, 2010

Leroy's hearing

At the Saturday night tent revival the preacher announced, "Anyone with 'needs' to be prayed over, come forward, to the front at the altar."

Leroy got in line, and when it was his turn, the preacher asked him: "Leroy, what do you want me to pray about for you?"

Leroy replied: "Preacher, I need you to pray for help with my hearing."

The preacher put one finger in Leroy's ear, and he placed the other hand on top of Leroy's head and prayed and prayed and prayed. He prayed a blue streak for Leroy.

After a few minutes, the Preacher removed his hands, stood back and asked, "Leroy how is your hearing now?"

Leroy said, "I don't know, Reverend, it ain't 'til next Wednesday."

3 comments:

  1. Ha! It took me a minute and then it hit me. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Un Gene, had me going for a moment, but just till I got to the punch line. So good I posted it on FB. Bob Praise Warrior

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Leroy said, "I don't know, Reverend, it ain't 'til next Wednesday." All I can say is: Right On! There's a really animated debate that I thought would be of interest on evolution vs. intelligent design going on at http://www.intelligentdesignfacts.com

    ReplyDelete