From the book of Deuteronomy we hear the truth, “The life is in the blood” (Deut. 12:23). Across the centuries of the church, we have held precious the songs about the Blood of Jesus. The Blood of Jesus stands as evidence of how much we are loved. When we truly come to grips with our unworthiness to take the sinless Sacrifice of our Lord as our atonement, we are overcome as we sing with the hymn writer, “O precious is the flow that makes me white as snow.”
What His Blood Does
- By His Blood Jesus atoned for my sin (Lev 17:11; Rom 3:25; 1 John 4:10)
- By His Blood, I am justified, acquitted of sin and guilt, and exonerated of God’s wrath and judgment (Rom 5:9)
- By His Blood I am forgiven once for all. My guilt is legally remitted (Heb 9:22, 25)
- By His Blood even our sins committed in ignorance are availed (Heb 9:7)
- By His Blood I am redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to me from my forefathers (1 Peter 1:18-19)
- By His Blood sprinkled in the Most Holy Place, atonement is made for us (Lev 16:27)
- By His Blood our redemption and forgiveness were purchased from sin and death by God’s grace, and I forever belong to Him (Eph 1:7; 2:13; Matt 26:28; Col 1:14; Rev 5:9; Acts 20:28)
- By His Blood we have a testimony that the death angel has passed over us (Exod. 12:13, 23)
- By His Blood we have abundant grace and peace through its cleansing and sanctifying work (1 Peter 1:2; Heb 13:12)
- By His Blood I now have full salvation and reconciliation with joy in Him (Rom 5:10-11)
- By His Blood we are reconciled to God as all His righteous requirements of us are satisfied (Col 1:20)
- By His Blood I have right standing before God as a priest in His Kingdom (1 John 1:7; Rev 1:5-6; 7:14)
- By His Blood we have an unassailable position in our salvation (1 Cor.10:16; John 10:28-29)
- By His Blood I stand clean before God and thankful for his irrevocable covenant (Heb 9:14-15, 24; Luke 22:20; 1 Cor. 11:25)
- By His Blood the eternal covenant of Jesus binds to me all the transforming power and pleasure of God (Heb 13:20-21)
- By His Blood we have confidence to enter in and draw near to God in full assurance that there is no ground of accusation (Heb. 10:19-22; Eph 2:13)
- By His Blood we have overcoming power over the enemy, and it prevails over the gates of hell (Rev 12:11; Matt 16:18)
- By His Blood we have power over the sins, habits, and hurts of this life (Zech 9:11-12)
- By His Blood Jesus destroyed the works of the devil, and it stands effective between me and the enemy (Heb 2:14)
- By His Blood we celebrate our Redeemer (Matt. 26:28)
Overcome with accusations? Stand on Heb. 9:14; Rev. 12:10-11. Overwhelmed at the warfare? Pray Rev 12:11; 19:11-16. Overtaken by sin and temptation? Run to Psalm 40:12-13; 1 John 1:9. Find your power and your safety in the Blood of the Lamb! It is the confession of overcomers (Rev. 12:11).
Wesley Duewel, the writer on prayer, says the Blood is “the greatest, most powerful, most unanswerable plea of all. There is no more prevailing argument we can bring before God than the sufferings, blood, and death of His Son. We have no merit of our own. We do not prevail in prayer by techniques or past experience. It is only through the blood of Jesus."
Pray till you have assurance of God’s will. Pray till you have been given by the Spirit a vision of what God longs to do, needs to do, wants to do. Pray till you are gripped by the authority of the name of Jesus. Then [call on the covenantal power of] the blood of Jesus. Call on them [the Name and the Blood], stake your all on them, and use them to the glory of God and the routing of Satan.” 
Read the truth above. Pray the truths above. Declare the freedom of the truth above.
“There is power, power, wonder-working power in the precious blood of the Lamb.”
Adapted from Sylvia Gunter, Prayer Essentials for Living in His Presence vol. 1 (Birmingham, AL: The Father's Business, 2000).
Wesley Duewel, Mighty Prevailing Prayer (Grand Rapids: Francis Asbury Press, 1990), 307.