Monday, March 13, 2006

Spring revival services were great

Our spring revival weekend was a whirlwind, and it was awesome, too. I'll post pictures later from the weekend. Phil Thrailkill's teaching was phenomenal, and his final message was considered his best by many in the church. He preached on the Matthew 4 Temptation narrative. I have an electronic copy of the sermon if anyone wants it.

So many people made rededications of their lives, asked for prayer for tough situations they are enduring, and nine year-old Nicole Williamson made a profession of faith. She squealed to me later as she hopped up and down on both feet, "I'm so excited. I've never been this happy in my whole life! I can't wait to get to school and tell all my friends that Jesus Christ saved me!"

Folks, that's as good as it gets.

After the incredible covered dish dinner yesterday, Amanda and I headed over to the parsonage with the trustees to go over moving, painting, and other sundries. We're thrilled with the house.

Today we join the Senior Adults as they make their monthly nursing home visit to Clarksville, VA. Tonight, we have Clinton, SC, friends Jim and Gail Warren back in town, and they want to take us to eat somewhere. Jim had a trial sermon at Concord Baptist near the I-85 exit in Creedmoor, NC, yesterday, about thirty minutes from the seminary. They had a three hour Q&A last night, and he called pumped up about it all. We don't know when the church will vote on him.

On top of all this, I have two, count 'em two mid-term exams tomorrow in Old Testament and New Testament surveys.

Daffodils are everywhere around here. The pic above is one I took several springs ago on Jefferson Davis Road in Clinton, SC.

1 comment: