Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What kind of Christian are you?

Try the assessment for yourself.

Researchers from Wilfrid Laurier University, Liberty University and Boston University are developing a research instrument called the Inclusive Christian Scale. After responding to questions about their faith, participants receive a score showing where their beliefs lie across six different emphases that an individual Christian might have: Congregational Involvement, Evangelical, Christian Conservative, Golden Rule, Activist, and Mystical. Participants are then asked how accurately they feel these scores reflect their own understanding of their faith.

Dimensions:
Evangelical
: focus on prayer, evangelism or outreach, and faith as a source of strength.
Christian Conservative: avoiding acts seen as sinful, literal interpretation of the Bible, and a transforming spiritual experience.
Activist
: changing unjust
world structures as a part of one’s practice of faith.
Golden Rule:
treating others as one would wish to be treated; concern about many of the same issues of the Activist, but focused more on individuals than social structures.

Community Involvement
: active participation in the church as a fellowship of faith.
Mystic: intimate, pervasive relationship/connection to God.

My Scores
EVANGELICAL: 99 %
CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE: 83 %
ACTIVIST: 65 %
GOLDEN RULE: 83 %
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT: 81 %
MYSTIC: 81 %

2 comments:

  1. Wanted to let you know that I am enjoying your blog and have looked at it frequently since we share an interest in Liberian refugees. I think you've already viewed a website of a minister to Liberian refugees whom I help in small ways (Winner Word Ministries). Please check out this blog for Missions of Hope to orphans in Kenya and share with your friends. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Gene, you sucked me in with your post Title. I expected a big finger waging, yet you fooled me.

    If high scores make the winner, you beat me.

    Nevertheless, as I wrote in the comments:
    "Not being the 'Ordinary Garden Varity Type' of Believer/Preacher the scores reflect my understanding of my faith the best that the Questions asked and worded could! "

    I will reflect this on my Spititual Blog. Tho the rest are Spiritual in their own way.

    Continue to be blessed at What you know HE is having you do!

    1, aka DP,
    as we are about our FATHER's Business!
    Making A Difference And Helping Other People Reach Their Goals!

    ReplyDelete