|Caleb to Joshua: Give me my mountain|
They were the only two of twelve who had the faith that God could take the Promised Land from the giants. Actually, God had already given it to them. They only needed in faith to put the soles of their feet on the land of promises and claim it.
They believed God could do it. The people failed, and Joshua and Caleb had to wait forty years to see the fulfillment of God's promises.
- Caleb was of the tribe of Judah (which means praise) (Num 13:6; Josh 15:13).
- He was a man of faith and vision (Num 13:30).
- He grieved over the people’s unbelief (Num 14:6).
- Caleb survived the desert to enter the land of promise (Num 14:30; 26:65; Deut 1:36).
- Caleb followed God with a whole-hearted spirit that God blessed (Num 14:24; 32:12; Deut 1:36; Josh 14:14).
- He fought for what God said was his and drove out giants who contested his promised inheritance (Judg 1:20).
- He saw the fulfillment of all God’s promises to him (Deut 1:36).
- And Caleb was able to give good gifts to his children (Josh. 15:18-19).
At age 80, Caleb asked Joshua to give him his mountain to subdue, his inheritance, and five years later at age 85, he completed the conquest of his lifetime. Ask God to give you a Caleb vision.